Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thankful, Day 19

Day 19

I am thankful for the many wonderful friends God has blessed me with. 

Noel. My very best friend for the last 15 years. She knows me as well as I know myself and she still loves me. Unfortunately, she lives 2800 miles away. Boo.

Karon. My best friend in Little Rock. We met 8 years ago, and it was pretty much love at first meeting. Karon gets me like Noel gets me, and she's always there for me.

Carol. Carol and I met when she brought me dinner after Pepper was born. She was a member of our church, and blessed us with a meal, even though she didn't know us. That forged a friendship that has endured across 9 years and three states. We live in different states now and don't see each other often, but when we're together, it's like we were never apart.

My current circle in my current state. My BFF here is Betty, a fellow missionary who understands what it is like to live with a mentally child. We're very different people, but that doesn't stop us from being very close. My other besties are Tracie and Traci, as different as two Tracies can be, but both are important in my life. There are several other dear, wonderful friends who I would consider part of my inner circle. Holly, Molly, Christina, Sara, Michelle, Brandee, Karen. Such dear, amazing friends.

There are my adoption mommy friends, too, two of whom I've only met twice, and a one I've never met in person. We met in the blogosphere, and they have become my great support system when I am dealing with the fallout that comes from parenting children who have been neglected, abused, and traumatized. Angie, Felicia, Kathy, and Erin. I love you! 

And then there's Lori, my other mom. I may have already posted a thankful post about her, but I can't remember. It won't hurt to be extra thankful for her! Lori and her husband, John, are our chosen family. When Lori was in the hospital a few months back, the doctor came in and asked me to step out while he talked to Lori. She told me to stay and introduced me as her daughter. She is like a mom to me, and I felt so honored and special that day. She is always available for me, lets me vent when I need to vent, loves me without condition, and supports me. I love her.

There are a host of other wonderful people in my life, too, too many to list. I am thankful.

No comments: